Be sure to check here often as we update this page with important news and information
News and Information
The Budget Validation Referendum to vote to by secret ballot to approve the budget that was adopted at the recent District Budget Meeting is July 14, 2020. Voting can be done in person or by absentee ballots in the district towns of Charleston, Dover-Foxcroft, Monson...
Notice to Parents, Students and Community Members. During this unprecedented time of COVID-19 and social distancing, RSU 68 wishes to actively participate in this life saving technique. Social distancing has been shown to work in slowing the spread of COVID-19....
Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
March 10, 2020
With the recent elevated discussion regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the news, we want to take a moment to reinforce preventative safety measures and reference our process and communications.
At this time, there have only been a small number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the United States. As a school district, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking guidance from the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We all play a role in reducing the likelihood of a coronavirus outbreak in the RSU 68 community. We encourage everyone to practice good habits, including:
- Washing your hands regularly, especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Using soap and hot water, wash for about 20 seconds. Be sure to also wash your fingertips.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, and then throw away the tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose as much as your can.
- If children are feeling sick, please keep them home from school. Allow them some time to feel better so that they do not risk infecting others.
For all children 18 years of age and younger
Beginning on Monday, April 13, we will be providing six (6) lunches/breakfasts per child at our drop-off sites. Please note that the time will be changing and pick-up will be from 12:00p- 2:00p at all sites except for FA which will be from 12:00p- 1:00p. There will be no meal distribution on April 20, but it will begin again on April 27.
Pick-up sites are at the following locations:
Pick up meals at back kitchen door (similar to a drive through)
- Foxcroft Academy
975 W Main Street, Dover-Foxcroft
- Charleston Community Center Parking Lot
125 School Road, Charleston
- Sebec Event Center Parking Lot
676 Milo Road, Sebec
- Monson Town Office Parking Lot
10 Tenney Hill Road, Monson
SeDoMoCha utilizes an automated calling system to contact parents and employees in the event of weather-related cancellations and other important announcements. In order to ensure you receive these messages, it is important to make sure you notify the office of any changes to your contact number.
When you receive a message from our automated system, you will notice that the number displayed on your Caller ID is 877-565-8456. If a broadcasted message is not received correctly, you can press 1 to replay the message from the beginning. You can also replay the last broadcasted message by dialing 877-564-8456 from the phone on which you received the automated call.
Cancellation announcements are also displayed on the district homepage and Twitter as well as the following television stations: WLBZ 2, WABI 5, WVII 7.