Qualification: Candidate must hold or be eligible for Maine certification as an Adult Education Director (066)
Grade 3 Teacher
Qualification: Candidate must meet Maine certification requirements with a general elementary endorsement (020)
Ed Tech I – Day Treatment
Qualification: Candidate must meet Maine certification requirements as an Ed Tech I
Ed Tech II – Day Treatment
Qualification: Candidate must meet Maine certification requirements as an Ed Tech II
Positions are open until suitable candidates are found
Go to ServingSchools to find more information about openings
A Criminal History Records Check is required of all RSU 68 employees. For information about this process, please see Maine Department of Education Fingerprinting.
Work Permits for students? More information here
Interested in Substituting at SeDoMoCha?
We accept applications for substitute teachers, ed techs, nurses, food service workers and custodians throughout the year. Application packets are not available for download, but may be obtained at the Superintendent’s Office. If you would like an application mailed to you, call (207) 564-6535 opt. 5.
Substitute Teachers, Ed Techs – Must have high school diploma or above; Criminal History Records Check is required
– State of Maine certified teacher or its equivalent as determined by the superintendent at the time of substituting – salary will be $87.00 per day
– 4 Year degree from an accredited school – salary will be $82.00 per day
– 2 years or more of college, i.e., 60 plus credit hours from an accredited school – salary will be $77.00 per day
– High school diploma – salary will be $72.00 per day
– A substitute teacher who has attended and satisfactorily completed the Piscataquis Valley Adult Education Cooperative (PVAEC) substitute training will receive an additional $5.00 per day to their daily rate schedule. Go to PVAEC to find out about upcoming trainings.
Substitute Food Service Workers, Custodians – Must have high school diploma or equivalent; Criminal History Records Check is required
– State minimum wage
Substitute School Nurse – Must be a skilled registered nurse (RN); Criminal History Records Check is required
– $120.00 per day
For more information about substitute teacher training, check out the Substitute Teacher Resources Page available on Mr. Boomsma’ website.
RSU 68 does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or physical or mental disability in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities and will honor all appropriate laws relative to discrimination. The term ‘sexual orientation’ under state law means a person’s “actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.”